Pumpkin Roll Recipe
A beautiful and delicious dessert. Make this dessert ahead of time for a stress free dinner party.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs large
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 pkg cream cheese 8 oz., at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar , sifted
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for decoration
Prepare Pan: Lightly spray a 10 inch X 15 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Line the jelly roll pan with parchment paper. The cooking spray helps adhere the paper to the pan. Give the top of the paper a coat of cooking spray.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Mix in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared jelly roll pan.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Don’t over bake. Immediately loosen and flip cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper.
Rolling Instructions Roll the cake up in the towel. Refrigerate cake until cool, about an hour. While cake is cooling prepare the filling.
Filling Instructions To make filling beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gently unroll the cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Re-roll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
[brid autoplay="true" video="454170" player="18814" title="Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling" description="Learn how to make an easy pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling." duration="81" uploaddate="2019-08-22 15:07:24" thumbnailurl="//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/14570/thumb/454170_t_1566486146.png"]
- Make sure you use a can of pure pumpkin puree. The ingredient list should simply say “pumpkin.” Do not get pumpkin pie filling it has spices and other ingredients that we don’t want in this Pumpkin Roll recipe.
- Keep your pumpkin roll in the refrigerator or freezer. To store your pumpkin roll, wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap before sprinkling the powder sugar on top. You can refrigerate it for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. If you choose to freeze the pumpkin roll, be sure to let it thaw in the refrigerator for 1 day before serving. Sprinkle with powder sugar just before slicing and serving.
- Can you use parchment paper instead of a towel to roll up the pumpkin roll? Yes! In fact, some people think this makes it much easier.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 410mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 5100IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1.6mg