Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Hi! I’m Jen from 100 Directions. I’m thrilled to be sharing this fun custom teacher appreciation gift idea with you today! Add your own colors, doodle your own extra art, have fun and personalize it how you’d like.
Thank your favorite teacher with a handmade keepsake they all love. You can print this art and frame it as is. Or use the printable to create an adorable keepsake the entire class can contribute to.
Teacher Appreciation Printable Art Gift
Today I’m sharing how to make this colorful fingerprint wall art for teacher appreciation. This is a darling DIY gift that you can make with one child or the entire class. If you’re in a big rush and need a last minute gift, just print out this art and pop it in a frame!
- Printable Big Heart Teacher Appreciation art page by Jen Goode
- Ink or paint in a variety of colors. I used a Rainbow colored ink pad from ColorBox
- White paper or cardstock – sized to fit your frame
- Double sided tape
- Pencil with end eraser
- Print the teacher appreciation art and cut out the heart shape, leaving as much of the color along the edge as you’d like.
- Cut out a second heart shape, the same size. Place this blank heart on the white background paper where you’d like your word art heart to go. Tape lightly in place This will help protect the area while the kids decorate the project.
- Have the kids add their fingerprints to the white background paper using the ink or paint. I prefer ink because it dries a bit faster and the colors re nice and bright. Choose a supply best suited for the age of the kids participating.
- I you’d like to add more color, use the eraser on the end. A pencil of apply colored dots throughout the art piece.
- Remove the blank heart and adhere the heart word art piece to your project.
- Let the whole piece dry. If you’ve used ink, you’d an speed up the drying process by using a heat gun, but it’s not necessary.
- Frame however you’d like.
I used a frame that is larger than a standard piece of cardstock, so I created a colors border to fill the space.
You can also use the printable as a stand alone gift. Just print and frame.
Have fun making your own teacher appreciation keepsake. Add your own personal touch. You can even customize this gift sight he teacher’s favorite colors I’d love to hear how your project turns out!
Download the free teacher appreciation printable art for this project from my blog.
More Creative Teacher Appreciation Ideas
This art design is also available as a fancy cut file, a perfect handmade teacher appreciation gift you can make with your Cricut machine. Get more info and check out my tutorial on my blog.
Check out more teacher appreciation ideas I’ve created.
Leave a Reply