It’s Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie and I’m so happy to be here with you to share one of my very favorite rice krispie treat recipes.
Lets Celebrate Spring with these adorable Spring Rice Krispie Treat Nests!
I am SO excited to be getting some warmer weather these days! Spring could not have come fast enough for me this year…
How to Make Spring Rice Krispie Treat Nests
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 1 C sweetened coconut
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 36 mini cadbury eggs
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Pour coconut in small mixing bowl, add green food coloring drops; mix well.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix well.
- Spray hands with cooking spray, divide batter between 12 muffin cups, lightly press center with a cookie scoop to hollow out and shape nest.
- Fill center of nests with coconut.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Place 3 mini cadbury eggs on each nest.
Spring Rice Krispie Treat Nests will bring a smile to every face that tastes them 🙂
Here are a couple of other fun Spring-time treats that you’ll enjoy baking and eating too:
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Thanks for having me~ I’ve loved coming to share some of my kitchen creations with all of you.