This cool Pilgrim hat will make you the best dressed guest at your Thanksgiving dinner. Do you prefer a Pilgrim bonnet? Now worries I have a paper Pilgrim bonnet tutorial. Either way you will have a fun and festive Thanksgiving with these awesome hats. Have all the supplies ready and it a great way to entertain the kids before your meal.
Pilgrim Hat Supplies
- Pilgrim Hat Template
- black cardstock or construction paper
- brown cardstock or construction paper
- gold glitter paper (found at a crafts store)
- glue stick
How to make a Pilgrim Hat
Follow the easy instructions to make your own paper hat. First download the Pilgrim Hat Template and print on regular copy paper. Cut out the pieces to use as a cutting guide.
- Cut the hat out of black cardstock
- Cut the band out of brown cardstock
- Cut the buckle out of glitter paper No worries if you can’t find glitter paper. Simply add your own glitter to the buckle piece
- Cut two to three strips lengthwise from the brown paper for the band that goes around the head
5. Glue the brown band piece to the front of the hat.
6. Staple two of the long brown strips together. Make sure it will fit around the head. If not, attach the third strip to make it longer.
7. Staple the long band that goes around the head to the back of the hat.
8. Glue on the buckle, covering the staples.
9. Place the long band around the head to determine the correct size and then staple the ends together.
Let the feast begin! The Pilgrims have arrived!
Don’t forget if you need a special Pilgrim hat for the ladies be sure to check out my DIY Pilgrim bonnet!
Complete the Pilgrim hat with pair of black baseball pants, white shirt and cardboard buckles fastened to dress shoes and you have an easy Thanksgiving costume.