My Grandmother’s sugar cookies will melt in your mouth. This special recipe as been passed down through the generations. I love those recipes that have sentimental memories! She always made these cookies as a special gift for family and friends. As you can see from the poem on the sampler she valued her friends.
Grandmother’s Sugar Cookies
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter (or oleo)
1 cup vegetable oil
4 1/2 cups sifted four, sifted
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Mix first four ingredients, Add eggs, Sift four, tartar, soda. Add to fist mixture. Add vanilla. Roll into balls the size of walnuts. Roll in granulated sugar.
Place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with glass dipped in sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes
In honor of the special times families share, we are partnering with Just Ask to give away a KitchenAid mixer.
We all have memories of cozy kitchen conversations over delicious treats or a warm slice of bread. But don’t let the conversation stop at cookies, just ask about your family genetic history. Finding out if your family has a history of ovarian or breast cancer with Just Ask gives you a chance to manage your future.
Follow the steps HERE on Facebook and you are ready to go! Remember that for every extra step you complete you earn extra entries!
- Like Skip to my Lou on Facebook
- Sign Up! Enter your email on the Facebook form
- Extra Entries! Share with Friends on Facebook
- Like Just Ask! on Facebook
- Take the Quiz!
What is even sweeter? Here’s our own recipe for a Grand Prize!
One lucky winner will receive-
- 1 KitchenAid 5-Qt Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
- 4-pack of Kindle devices for the family – 2 Kindle Fire HD + 2 Kindle Paperwhites
- $100 Amazon Gift Card (translates to 25,000 Amazon Prime Instant Videos or 180,000 titles in the Lending Library)
- 17-piece KitchenAid Tool & Gadget Set
- 12-piece Wusthof Gourmet Knift Set with block
- 4 personalized aprons for family-time in the kitchen
- $50 Gift Card from Skip To My Lou’s “Sweet” Shop
Fold together all the prizes, bake it up until Thursday, December 13th at 11:59 pm MST. Pick one lucky winner and start making new memories to be passed on for years to come.