Minion Banana Bites
Hi Everyone! I am Brittanie and I blog over at Simplistically Living and I am so excited to be here sharing a fun recipe with you today. I love being creative and trying new things. Those “things” are even better when they are simple yet fun to create so of course I have something that is both for you today!
As you all may know, Minions was released yesterday in theaters and with all the excitement I thought it was the perfect time to make a Minions themed treat and these Minion Banana Bites are exactly what I had in mind! They are everything sweet and so easy to make, your little one’s will be begging you to make more!
As I mentioned, this recipe is quite easy. It only requires a few ingredients and your children can even get in on the action and help make them! As soon as these were done, they were gone so fast you wouldn’t have even known they were there! I sure hope you will give them a try!
Supplies Needed to Make Minion Banana Bites:
- Bananas, sliced into rounds
- Wilton Royal Blue Candy Melts
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Butter Knife
- Microwave Safe Bowl
How to Make Minion Banana Bites:
- Peel and cut your banana into rounds about half of an inch thick. Place onto a plate and place into the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare an area to place your dipped bananas on. The easiest way is to cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper (wax side up).
- Place your candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir, and repeat until the candy is melted.
- Take your bananas out of the freezer and use a butter knife to carefully smear some of the melted blue candy melts onto the bottom half of each banana. Work quickly as the chocolate will begin to harden and the bananas will defrost causing the chocolate to not stick.
- Place dipped bananas onto cookie sheet.
- Place bananas back into freezer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bananas from freezer and now it’s time to add the final details. First, I used the black sparkle gel to draw a line across the top of the banana.
- I then added the candy eyeballs on top. I put 1 eyeball on some and 2 on others. You can make each Minion Banana different which makes it fun!
- If you have room on the banana you can also add a mouth but some of my pieces were so small I couldn’t.
- There you have it! You now have some tasty Minion Banana Bites!