Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Hi everyone! I’m happy to be here at Skip to My Lou sharing a festive fall craft from my recent kids craft book, Make and Takes for Kids. This Crunched Leaf Plaque is the perfect decoration for the kids to help make and display for the fall season. You can also enjoy your time together as you gather the leaves from around your yard or over at the park.
Supplies for a Crunched Leaf Plaque:
- 10–15 dried leaves
- Large bowl
- 4 × 24″ piece of craft wood, 1/8″ width
- Orange craft paint
- White craft glue
1. Paint your piece of wood with orange craft paint. Let this dry.
2. Using the photo as a guide, use your pencil to write “THANKFUL” in all capital letters on your painted board. Make sure the letters are evenly spaced across the board.
3. Trace the pencil letters with your white craft glue. Make sure each part of the letters is covered in a line of glue.
4. In a large bowl, crunch up your dried leaves. Try to get them as small as possible.
5. Sprinkle your crushed leaves onto your glue, shaking it around slightly to get each part of the glue covered in leaves. Shake off any excess leaves back into the bowl. Let your board dry overnight.
The kids are going to love to crunch up those leaves as they make a super cool sound. Have fun crafting for fall!
Thanks for stopping by Marie.
A little about her book…
Make and Takes for Kids offers 50 projects to make with kids, each centered around an upcoming holiday or season. The ideas are unique and simple to produce, and each project is thoughtfully constructed and designed to create an ideal environment and setting for crafting. Each craft requires little preparation, few supplies, and almost everything can be readily found at home or at a local craft supply store.
A sneak peek of some of the cute projects!
Look at this adorable Turkey.
or this snowman puzzle.
You will have tons of things to do this winter when your kids have Cabin Fever.
Marie’s book is filled with fun and simple crafts that you can do with you kids. It’s a perfect gift for the holidays, maybe stocking stuffer for teacher, parents or grandparents, it’s also a great way to unplug and have some one-on-one family time, encourage creativity in your little ones. I love it! Do you want to see it for yourself? Just leave a comment and one lucky winner will receive a copy!
and more fun crafts go to Wiley crafts.