"Let's Stick Together" Printable Valentine Gum Wrappers by Anders Ruff
Maureen Anders of Anders Ruff here to share a FREE Valentine’s Day printable that I recently designed!
Don’t get yourself into a “sticky” situation with last minute Valentine planning! We have the perfect valentine
candy chewing gum-gram for you!
We just recently launched our new Printable Valentine’s Day Collection for 2013 – Our Mr & Mrs Mustache Valentine’s Day Collection.
When Cindy asked me to design something for you all, I immediately knew what I wanted to do – A printable pack of gum wrapper to match our Mustache Collection.
I went to my local Dollar Tree and bought 5 sets of Big Red gum (They sell them in packs of 4 for $1! so I could get the whole class accomplished for $5) and then got printing and wrapping. Be careful because a lot of stores only sell the “Orbitz” type larger packs of gum, so I’d definitely head to the Dollar Store for the best value.
Yes, yes, I know kids can’t have gum in school but that is what makes it such a treat – an excuse to get gum at school, since it is Valentine’s Day.
These are so easy to do!
1. DOWNLOAD the Anders Ruff Printable Gum Wrapper here.
2. Print on photopaper or cardstock (or even copy paper if you don’t have either). Be sure to print at 100% scale and don’t “scale to fit page”
We use an inkjet with photo paper for that gorgeous saturated color.
3. Trim along crop lines/edges with a paper trimmer or scissors
4. Have your child fill out the “to” and “from” section on the back
5. Fold or score on each set of red lines that are on the stripey border.
6. Wrap around the pack of gum (these fit standard packs with 5 pieces) and seal shut with double stick tape.
7. Optional: You could also attach the pack of gum to a printed valentine card for even more cuteness. (We have one that fits a pack of gum perfectly and says “Keep the gum out of your “stache””. Those are available in our shop here.)
PS. Like the symbolism with this one? How many meanings does that have for “Let’s stick together” on the gum pack, do you think? I can count these:
– Stick as in stick of gum
– Stick as in Stick mustache and lips
– Stick as in Stick together like stick by each other’s side
– Stick as in Stick together like kiss
– Stick as in sticky gum!
I hope you (and the recipients) enjoy! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Find the complete Mr & Mrs Mustache Valentine’s Day Collection (and the Pink and Red version of our gum wrapper design) in the Anders Ruff shop.