Healthy Orange Granitas
These Healthy Orange Granitas are the perfect way to let the kids help out in the kitchen this summer! It is a fun kids activity that will keep kids cool and entertained all summer long. If you are looking for more boredom busting ideas check out all our summer crafts and activities ideas to keep kids active and entertained this summer! The best craft bloggers are sharing fun kids crafts! From making Flower Bubble Wands to aDIY Stenciled Cork Board you will find fun creative ideas!
Goodmorning to all of Skip to my Lou‘s friends! I’m so excited to be visiting with y’all and be part of all these fun kids crafts!
I sure love summer and playing in the sunshine! I also love yummy ways to keep cooled off while having all that fun so I’m excited to share this Healthy Orange Granitas with you.
Oh my. These cute little guys taste SO good! (No one will EVER guess they’re healthy for them)
Win-win, right 🙂
These tasty little treats are so fun and easy to make plus, it’s an awesome recipe to let the kids help out with too.
- 4 oranges
- 1 C water
- 3-4 Tbsp agave or honey (depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest from tops of oranges
- Clean and wash oranges.
- Cut off top 1/4 of orange (reserve) and a thin sliver from the bottom of orange so it will stand up straight.
- Using a grapefruit spoon carefully scoop out flesh with juices and collect in a bowl.
- Place oranges on a flat plate and freeze.
- Pour scooped out orange and juice into blender, pulse until pureed.
- Add water, agave, lemon juice; pulse to combine.
- Zest tops of oranges that were removed add to blender, adjust sweetness, pour into 10×15 pan so liquid is approx 1 inch deep.
- Place in freezer.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours, scraping with 2 forks every 30 minutes to break up ice.
- When granita is frozen, rake until glittery.
- Scoop into frozen orange shells and serve.
You’re won’t even believe how fast these frozen little treats are gonna disappear! They’re a lot like shaved ice, only healthy for you and your family.
A huge thank you to Cindy for having me visit today. I just love Cindy~ she’s every bit as awesome as y’all think she is!!
Here are a couple of other delicious summer recipes you might also enjoy…
I hope you enjoy a wonderful summer with family and friends AND lots and lots of fun in the sun.