Today we have this darling horse valentines. Kids will the cute horses and the fun play on words. For the love of Pom pom’s you need to check out those cute valentine printables shared yesterday. Don’t miss these amazing Valentines. I have teamed up with some of the most creative bloggers to share the cutest Valentines imaginable. Each day you will be amazed with their cleverness! You will want to stop by and see these fabulous ideas.
Hi! I’m Gretchen, the owner and designer behind the Etsy shop Three Little Monkeys Studio. I design unique party invitations and printables in my shop, and I also share loads of free printables, party ideas, fun craft projects, and recipes over on my blog. Although if you head over to my blog, you’ll probably notice I haven’t posted for a bit as we just finished a long cross-country RV trip. It was lots of fun, but I am sooooo happy to be home and ready to get creative. And my first fun project is to share this horse-themed Valentine’s Day card with you!
Inspired by my girls who love horses and a good pun, these Don’t Say Neigh Horse Valentines are so easy to put together for your child’s classmates with just a few supplies you probably already have around the house plus some cute horse figures. You can usually find horses like these in dollar stores or craft stores in a tube, but I ordered mine online via Amazon Prime. Two day shipping is wonderful when you are a bit of a slacker like me.
Ready to get started on those Horse Valentines?
- matte photo paper or card stock
- twine, ribbon, yarn or thread
- small single hole punch (or a needle with a big eye works well too if you don’t have a punch)
- mini horse figures, 2-3” from nose to tail (found mine on Amazon.com with Prime delivery)
Instructions for Horse Valentines
1. Download the free Horse Valentine’s Day Cards.
2. Print on matte photo paper (my favorite) or a good white card stock. Then carefully cut out your Valentines.
3. Center your horse in the white space to get an idea of where you’ll be punching. Using your single hole punch, make two holes vertically in the center of the white space. I like to keep the holes kind of close together so you don’t see them. You can also use a needle to make your holes if you don’t have a punch.
4. After you’ve punched two holes, push your twine/ribbon/yarn/thread through the holes (see how the horse hides those holes?) and tie around your horse. Don’t have twine or ribbon? You could even hot glue the horses on!
And that’s it! Just sign and deliver!
Thank you so much for letting me visit with you today! And have a very happy and fun-filled Valentine’s Day!
And check out a few of my other Valentine’s Day Ideas!
Gretchen Brittain is the owner and graphic designer behind Three Little Monkeys Studio. With a love for paper, parties, DIY and everything vintage, Gretchen strives to create one-of-a-kind designs for life’s little celebrations. When she isn’t in her studio, she is spending time with her three little red heads, traveling and crafting. Her work has been has been featured by Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, POPSUGAR, Hostess With The Mostess, Pizzazzerie, and more.