This is one of our favorite simple suppers during the summer– Crock Pot Baked Potatoes!
I hate to heat up the oven in the summer and this is something I can throw in the crock-pot in the morning and have dinner ready in the evening.
How To Make Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Wash and dry potatoes. Give each potato a prick with a fork. Cover each potato in aluminum foil and place in a crock-pot.
Cook on low for about eight hours. Load them up with your favorite toppings, serve with a big salad and dinner is served!
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
An easy method to bake potatoes in your slow cooker.
- 4 - 6 russet baking potatoes I have done 8
- 2 - 3 teaspoons olive oil optional 1/2 teaspoon per potato (I typically omit oil and salt)
- 1 - 11/2 teaspoons salt about 1/4 teaspoon per potato(optional)
- Aluminum foil
- Your choice of toppings: Grated cheese, cooked broccoli, crumbled bacon, chives, chili, sour cream etc.
- Scrub the potatoes and dry completely.
- Prick each potato several times with a fork.
- Rub potatoes with a tiny bit of oil and then rub with salt. This step can be omitted.
- Wrap each potato tightly in aluminum foil. Be sure potato is completely covered.
- Place potatoes in slow cooker
- Cook the potatoes on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours, or until soft. Do not overcook or potatoes will become soggy. I cook mine about 8 hours.
- Carefully unwrap the potatoes.
- Cut potatoes open and top with desired toppings.
Nutritional information is calculated without the toppings.
What are your favorite baked potato toppings?
For another easy dinner try this crockpot mac and cheese..