Whip up this crochet wreath ornament in a matter of minutes with this free pattern. These little wreaths would also make great package toppers, and you could add a photograph to the middle for a meaningful handmade ornament. This crochet wreath pattern has easy step-by-step instructions to follow.
I am partial to crochet Christmas tree ornaments. Probably my favorite tree of all time was my crochet decorated Christmas tree. I enlisted fellow crocheters from all over the world to make this stunning tree! The tree was donated to a local charity, perfect for a tree decorated in love and generosity (and some yarn)!
Crochet Wreath Ornament Supplies
- Sugar ‘n Cream Yarn in red and green (you don’t need much)
- a 2 inch wooden cabone ring
- crochet hook E
- yarn needle
How to make a crochet wreath ornament
Let’s get started with this simple Christmas wreath. Begin by using a slip knot to place yarn on hook.
Using a slip knot attach the yarn around the wooden ring.
Finish up the stitch with a single crochet.
Crochet 30 single crochets around the ring.
Slip stitch in first stitch to join.
Make four double crochet in the next stitch.
Slip stitch in the next two stitches.
Four double crochet in next stitch.
Repeat (four double crochet, slip stitch in next two stitches) all the way around. Slip stitch in first stitch to join.
Chain 18 to make hanger.
Join at beginning of chain with slip stitch. Fasten off.
Weave ends in with a yarn needle.
Chain 40. Trim ends and tie and extra knot at each end of chain.
Tie red chain into a bow. Sew bow to wreath with thread.
Once you get going, you’ll find this Christmas wreath ornament to be one of the easy crochet Christmas ornaments to make. I just love this simple wreath and love the feeling I get over a simple handmade Christmas. Please feel free to share this crochet Christmas wreath pattern with anyone that you think might enjoy it, and don’t forget to find time to teach the next generation the joys of crocheting. Enjoy the holidays!
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
RELATED: If you love to crochet you might like some of these free crochet patterns.