Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
This crochet flower headband is a simple project that can be completed quickly and makes a beautiful and useful handmade gift. It is nice and wide and will be the perfect ear warmer to keep those ears toasty during these cold weather months.
- G Hook
- Worsted weight yarn (I used cotton)
- yarn needle
How to crochet a flower headband
Row 1: Chain 16, double crochet, chain 2, single crochet into 4th chain from hook, * Skip next 3 chains, work 2 double crochets, chain 2, single crochet in next chain stitch*, Repeat the stitches between * * to the end of the row.
Row 2: Chain 2 turn, double crochet, chain 2, single crochet in 1st chain 2 space, 2 double crochets, chain 2, single crochet into each remaining Chain 2 spaces across to end.
Repeat Row 2 until it is long enough to fit snugly around the head. For my nine-year-old daughter, it measured just slightly under 18 inches.
Weave in loose ends. Sew the ends of the strip together with a yarn needle.
How to crochet a flower
Crochet a huge flower to make it extra fun! I used this crochet flower pattern. I added one extra row to make it even bigger by repeating the last row in the pattern. Any big flower will do.
Sew the flower to the headband with yarn and a yarn needle.
RELATED: This headband is the same stitch as my favorite crochet dish cloth. I love how it makes a scalloped border without having to crochet around the edge. The dishcloths are also super simple to make and make a great handmade gift)
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!