Baby it is still hot outside! We are burning up here in Kansas. It is HOT! I can’t bear to turn on the oven and I am craving cool things! I gave this watermelon salad a try and I am glad I did. As usual, Paula Deen rocks!
- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 small Vidalia or other sweet mild onion thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 – 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- mint sprigs for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add in the chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.
In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta. Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.