SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
Make a Pretend-Play Sash with Badges
I am excited to be offering 30 days of fun crafts to keep kids active and entertained this summer! You won’t want to miss a day of these fun crafts for kids from some amazing bloggers! Please be sure to pay them a visit!
These pretend-play craft badges and sashes will have your child crafting and playing for hours. My daughter made one inspired by the Fire Side Girls from Phineas and Ferb. She was so happy with her creation that she requested to wear it to school the next day!
Brown Paper Bag
Markers or crayons
1. Cut the bottom the bag off while keeping the rest of the bag intact. Fold flat as pictured above.
2. With a yard stick draw out the sash shape as shown.
3. Cut out on the lines you just made.
4. Flip inside out so none of the text shows on your sash.
5. Print out templates. Have children cut and decorate their badges anyway they like. Tape or glue on to sash and start playing.
Sash and Badge ideas:
- Brownie/Girl Scouts and Boy Scout pretend play
- Start a club
- Turn your stuffed animals into a troop
- Have children make badges for things they want to learn/do this summer.
- For teachers – have each child in class make a badge for the birthday girl or boy that represents something they like about them. Then they get to wear it the entire day.