Hi, I’m Jeni from In Color Order! Today I’m sharing a quick and festive wreath tutorial that can be adapted to any season or occasion! My color scheme is inspired by vintage holiday decor and the idea of “frosted sugar plums”. It’s centered around the new Floressence fabric collection from Art Gallery Fabrics. Let’s get started!
Materials: – 12″ Foam wreath form – 11 fat quarters – 1/3 yard of ribbon – Straight pins – Scissors
Seam Allowance: 1/4″ unless noted
Cutting: From each fat quarter: – Cut (2) 2.5″x22″ strips, for a total of 22 strips. From one fat quarter: – Cut (2) 6″x22″ strips
1. Sew your 2.5″ strips together to create one long strip. Press seams open.
2. Fold and press strip in half lengthwise, wrong sides together.
3. Using two straight pins, secure the end of the strip to one side of the foam wreath form.
4. Begin wrapping your wreath, first covering the end of the strip, then continuing to wrap, covering the raw edge as you go.
5. You may need to adjust your wrapping to make sure the entire form is covered. I overlapped leaving approximately 1/2″ uncovered.
6. When you reach the end, fold the strip under 1/4″ and secure with two straight pins.
7. Pin the ribbon ends to the back of the wreath using straight pins approximately 7.5″ apart.
8. Sew the two 6″ strips together to create one long strip. Press seam open. Fold in half lengthwise, right sides together.
9. On each end, draw a 45 degree line from the corner with the fold to the raw edge (approx. 3.25″ down).
10. Cut along these lines. This will create the pointed ends for the bow.
11. Sew along all the raw edges, leaving a 3-4″ opening for turning.
12. Turn and press. Topstitch, closing the opening.
13. Tie bow on your wreath and enjoy!
SEW Amazing Giveaway worth over $700
Stop by In Color Order for more sewing inspiration and to enter the SEW Amazing Giveaway today (you only have today to enter)! I am giving away more than $700.00 worth of sewing goodies! You won’t want to miss this!
From hosting a shrimp boil, celebrating holidays, making homemade scratch art paper, sewing gifts and throwing parties to cooking delicious food, you will find it all here at Skip To My Lou. The site is full of free patterns, downloads and I hope plenty of inspiration. Please hang out with me awhile and check it out!