Hello! I’m Erin from Strawberry Mommycakes and I am thrilled to be a guest on Skip to My Lou! I design lots of fun, silly printables on my blog…so I wanted to share one with you. These Leprechaun Caramel Apples are so cute and hilarious…and let’s not forget DELICIOUS!!
To make these yummy treats, stick cake pop sticks in about 12 to 16 apples. Then, follow my instructions and caramel recipe from my Chocolate Caramel pretzels, only use apples instead of pretzels! Check out my video on Facebook to see my caramel dipping technique. For the chocolate, you can either use white chips and dye them green with food colorings, or you can get green chips at a craft store (and sometimes Wal-Mart). I also like to sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the white chocolate before they dry…YUM!!! You can see the image to see the size of the stick and how far it goes in the apple:
To create the leprechauns, you will need:
- Caramel Apples (duh!)
- My FREE leprechaun printables (Silhouette Version Leprechaun and Tags or PDF version)
- Heavy Card Stock
- 4 inch cellophane bags (make sure they have folds on the side, otherwise the apples will not fit)
- Ribbon or bakers twine
- Small pom poms
- Scissors (or your Silhouette Machine)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Print the printables on heavy card stock and cut them out with scissors or using your Silhouette Cameo.
- After the apples are done drying, place them in the bag. You may have to trim the top of the bag a little so it doesn’t show.
- Tie the bag tight with ribbon or bakers twine.
- Tie the “Lucky You” tag to the bag with the ribbon. Cut ribbon close to the tag or tie in a bow.
- Glue leprechaun face to the stick of the caramel apple with the hot glue gun.
- Place a teeny amount of hot glue on the back of a pom pom. Let it cool for a second (so it doesn’t melt the bag), then stick it to the bag. Repeat with the other pom poms.
Hope you enjoyed these cute treats! The people you give these to are going to love you forever…I promise!
Erin is the owner and designer behind Strawberry Mommycakes. She designs fun and adorable printables for parties and crafts that can fit any budget. She has two adorable kids and the most supportive husband in the world. If she’s not designing or watching my kids, she’s probably cleaning, cooking, reading, playing on Pinterest, or going for a drive and drinking a Pepsi…because Pepsi is awesome. You can find her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus and Pinterest.
Check out the latest on Strawberry Mommycakes: