Hi Skip to My Lou readers! I’m Lindsay from Life, Love and Sugar where I share delicious treats and desserts. I’m so happy to be visiting today!
My favorite kind of recipes are ones that have a fairly simple list of ingredients and aren’t too complicated to put together. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie I’m sharing today is just that – simple ingredients and easy to make.
Probably the best thing about it is that you don’t need an ice cream maker, yet you still get rich and creamy ice cream! Plus, it’s no-bake so there’s no need to turn on the oven – perfect for the hot weather we’ve been having!
It’s loaded with chocolate and peanut butter flavor and has a great Oreo crust! My kind of dessert!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
makes one 9 inch pie
2 cups Oreo crumbs (from about 15-20 ores)
1/4 cup butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
8 oz cool whip, divided in half
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp vanilla
additional 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs (from about 5 oreos)
1/2 -3/4 cup chopped peanut butter M&Ms
Chocolate Sundae Syrup (the one I use)
1. To make the crust, mix together 2 cups of Oreo crumbs with melted butter.
2. Press crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
3. Place crust into freezer while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, mix together the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls (just under 1 cup of mixture per bowl).
6. Add the peanut butter to one bowl and mix until combined.
7. Add the cocoa and vanilla to the other bowl and mix until combined.
8. Add 4 ounces of Cool Whip to each bowl and lightly stir until combined.
9. Pour chocolate ice cream mixture into pie pan.
10. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs evenly onto chocolate ice cream.
11. Top with peanut butter ice cream mixture.
12. Cover the top of the pie with chopped M&Ms and drizzle with chocolate sundae syrup.
13. Freeze until frozen.
I hope you enjoy it and thanks for having me today!!