SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
Camera Strap Cover Tutorial
Welcome to our Bake, Craft & Sew Along the sewing edition! Don't forget to skip on over to According to Kelly to see some fun crafty non-sewing gifts and to A Southern Fairytale for edible goodies that will be perfect this holiday season.
If you know someone who likes to take pictures, Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew has a fabulous gift idea! She sews up plenty of inspiration at her blog so be sure to visit! You won't want to miss all her lovely tutorials!
How To Make A Camera Strap Cover
These are really easy, and make a great gift. They fit any standard DSLR camera strap, (Canon/Nikon) my strap is about 2" wide. I made mine two sided, but if you wanted just one fabric like the one above, just make one strip about 5.5" wide.
1. Cut two strips 2.75" by 27" long.
2. Sew the strips right sides together, then press seam open.
3. I made mine padded with Pellon fusible light fleece interfacing. You need about 5.5"by 27". This is optional of course, I like the feel of the padding, but you can skip this step if you don't mind the hard strap. Iron on the fusible interfacing according to directions, and trim excess.
4. Fold one end in about one inch, and then again over one inch to hide the seam and make a clean finish.
5. Sew edge down for a clean finish, I sewed three lines, 1/4" apart so the ends will be more sturdy and it looks more polished. 6. Do the same thing on the other end, the finished strap after the ends are finished will be about 23" long. 7. Sew right sides together with a 1/4" seam allowance. If you think the finished cover will be too big for your strap, you can make a wider seam allowance to make the cover thinner. Keep in mind you want the cover about half an inch or so bigger than the strap, so its easy to slide on and off. 8. trim the inside edge seam allowance, it makes more room to slide the strap in and out. 9. Turn inside out (the hardest part) and iron and your done! Slide in your camera strap and viola!