Ruthie is regular guest poster over here at Skip to my Lou! I love to see what she is making in her kitchen!
Hello to all of Skip to my Lou’s friends!
I’m Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie.com .
Summer weather has finally come to stay around our neck of the woods.
So, I thought it’d be fun share a refreshing summer treat for the Summer Craft Camp that you and your kids will have lots of fun in the kitchen making together!
Strawberry Soup with Angel Food Cake Croutons
- 2 lbs strawsberries, hulled (reserving 2 berries)
- 1 1/2 C ice, crushed
- 2 Tbsp sugar or agave
- 2 slices pre-made angle food cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut angel food cake slices into 1×1 inch cubes.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned and crunchy, stirring once.
- Slice reserved strawberries for garnish.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine strawberries, ice, and agave.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into four bowls.
- Garnish with croutons and strawberry slices
* Want to learn a quick and easy way to slice strawberries? Here’s a video from my Kitchen Tip Series that shows you how!
Strawberry Soup with Angel Food Cake Croutons is a fun recipe to make in the kitchen with the kids this summer!
They’ll be thrilled to help with cooking something that turns out so lovely and delicious too
While we’re thinking about fun summertime recipes to make with the kiddos- here are a couple of others to enjoy…
Thanks so much for letting me visit with you today! I hope your summer is filled with lots of fun memories and that you’ll have fun with these kid friendly recipes
I’d LOVE to have you stop by and visit with me anytime at www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
Happy Cooking! xoxo~ Ruthie